A healthy lifestyle involves a lot of things under it , including daily exercise, adequate sleep, nutritional diet , being happy & thinking positively.When we do all the necessary elements for a healthy lifestyle, our lives are moving on the right path.It is vital for us to live happy & feel good in our present times.
Move your body
Exercise reduces levels of cortisol, which is a stress hormone, & regular exercise is even more important now you find yourself in self-isolation. The movement, fresh air & sunshine helps both your physical & mental health.
If you are stuck inside due to rain, then look for an online exercise class. Avoid over-exercising or exercising at a high intensity too often, as this can weaken your immune system.
Sleep, sleep, sleep
Poor sleep is linked to an increased risk of heart disease which is reason enough to aim for 7-8 hours’ sleep a night. Sleep helps the body rest, restore & recover. Focusing on eating a well-balanced diet & daily exercise can also help.
Reducing stress & anxiety
Yoga is the answer to stress management & everyone can avail great benefits from it. The postures, techniques & exercises in yoga comprise of
Asanas, pranayamas , relaxation, meditation & breathing exercises. It increases energy, concentration & helps one to experience deep relaxation. Which is a part of healthy lifestyle.
One can also make time to talk with family & friends every day through video call & stay connected with them in this pandemic situation
1. Try to include fruits & vegetables in diet
With limited trips to grocery stores, you might not always have access to fresh produce. But whenever possible try to stock as much fresh fruits & vegetables as possible, & give them your children.
2. Stock healthy snacks
Snacking is an indispensable part of our daily diet For these cravings, stock up your kitchen with healthy snacks like roasted nuts, peanut butter, healthy cheese, fruit yogurt etc. These snacking options are healthier & more nutritious & filling, as compared to chips & fries.
3. Reduce intake of highly processed foods
Ready-to-eat meals, packaged snacks & desserts are often high in saturated fat, sugars & salt. Try to also avoid sugary drinks & instead drink lots of water or make healthier drinks at home.
4. Make cooking & eating a fun family activity
Cooking & eating together is a great way to spend quality family time. Make it a fun recreational part of your daily routine by involving your family in the cooking process, involve your children in food preparation.
Keep your home environment clean
- Washing your hands often with soap & water for at least 20 seconds.
- Using a tissue to cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- As well as keeping yourself clean, give your work & home life a clean as well. Focus on cleaning the surfaces that you touch a lot such as doorknobs, desks, keyboards, mobile phones, your kitchen & bathroom.
A Few Natural Remedies to Enhance Immunity
- Rinse your mouth at least twice in the morning & before bedtime with warm water infused with ginger & cloves or only salt.
- Drink herbal tea mixed with ginger, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper both in the morning & evening. Lemon juice or basil leaves can be added to it.
- Consume black cumin oil with honey both in the morning & evening.
- Have raw turmeric juice with honey or jaggery. Drinking milk mixed with half a teaspoon of turmeric powder is also beneficial.
- Chawanprash, which is made of 35 herbal ingredients, enhances appetite & is also beneficial for respiratory tract infection.
- Cold, spicy, fried foods & soft drinks should be avoided& to drink warm water regularly.
Here by I am concluding my first post. If you liked my post, please share it and comment on it.All your support will be appreciated. For contacting, you can contact us on instagram.
For more updates, stay tuned and check out lifestyle era.